Friday, December 26, 2014

Three-Ingredient Oreo Balls!


I cannot stress the deliciousness of these very simple treats. My family is addicted. Seriously, addicted. I even got a food processor for Christmas because I have grown so tired of crushing oreos by hand to make these! 



They are so easy to make, which makes them even more sinful. I could make myself sick from eating too many... & I am currently eating one as I write this.



What could be more perfect than oreo crumbs... in a ball... covered in white chocolate?!




ingredients:

  • 1 box of Oreos
  • 1 package of cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 2 12oz packages of white chocolate morsels



directions:

1. Crush your oreos! I was lucky enough to get a Cuisinart food processor for Christmas, so of course I had to test it out. I've always crushed them by hand though, and it works just as well! (I'm just not a very patient person.)   

                    

2. In a medium sized bowl, mix the cream cheese in with the oreo crumbs. I do it with my hands. Motto: "The messier, the better." But feel free to mix how ever you'd like! I promise you though, doing it by hand makes you feel accomplished. Make sure to get all the cookie crumbs into the mix!



3. Roll into little balls, about a half-inch to an inch around, your preference!



4. Put in refrigerator until chilled. I usually leave mine for about 45 minutes, just to relax a little before having to deal with the white chocolate!
5. Time to melt your white chocolate! You can either melt it on the stove or in the microwave. I honestly cannot tell you which way is more simple. I've had my ups and downs with both methods. So, again, your preference! 

melting on stove: Fill a saucepan 1/3 full of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Put your white chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and place over the water. Stir as it melts.

melting in microwave: Using a microwave-safe bowl, put your chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take it out, stir it. Continue heating in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time!

 6. Once your chocolate is melted, dip each oreo ball until completely covered! 
 7. You can refrigerate them again if you'd like, I usually do because they harden faster which means you can eat them faster... :-)
 8. Eat, share (or eat them all yourself, I can't and won't stop you), and enjoy!



I hope you enjoy this very simple recipe! Comment if you make them or if you have any questions. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

Until next time,
Madison



No comments:

Post a Comment